Mother's Day
I know I didn’t do what was best for me. I did what was best for Taylor. Yesterday was Mother’s day. I’m not much for cards and gifts. However, I waited all day for a phone call. For someone, anyone, to wish me a happy Mother’s day. I may not be Taylor’s daily caretaker, but she will always be my Daughter, and I will always be her Mother!
Posted by Britton Thorsvig




3 Comments:
It takes alot more to be a mother than giving birth-- once that child is born they are your first care in the world-- and always. Being a mother is taking responsability for another life, always there when they cry or when they are happy. Giving all you got to support and make there life good and prosperous. Sticking through the goods times and the bad-- learning. People should not expect back what they don't give to others.. it takes alot more to being a mother than when it's conveniant........
The other comment poster was right. It takes more than giving birth to be a mother. It means doing what is best for your child always, eve when it may not be best for you. I think when realized you were not ready to be the mother she deserved and found someone else who was you were being a mother in every sense of the word. So belated HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY!
I agree with both of you. I think that whatever you give of yourself to your child be it love, time, respect and understanding you will get that back from your child...therefore if you give very little your going to get little in return. Just from personal experience if my parent was not there for me or didn't give me the time of day and walk over me to get to the dog first to say hello, i would not give them the time of day back. Therefore if you can say you honestly deserved a phone call then i say happy belated mothers day to you...BUT if you know in your heart that you don't deserve anything you need to start giving a whole lot more of yourself to your child if you expect a phone call next year.
Post a Comment
<< Home